Public Relations for Small Business: What is Public Relations and Why can it Make or Break your Business?
Course Description: Learn public relations strategies that will help you grow your business, products, and services. (Including events, press releases, story pitches, and more.)
In Public Relations 101, we will explore why having a strategy that tells and sells your business story strategically is essential to your success and longevity. We’ll also cover how to effectively handle controversial situations and discuss tactics for dealing with the media before, during, and after a crisis.
In this class, you will learn:
- What exactly public relations is and how it will affect your bottom line
- The “Art” of the Pitch and why it is the life line of your business
- Press Releases and what news editors and segment bookers look for
- Email Marketing and List Building
- Brand development and growing your brand
- Crisis Communication planning and why it is so important to plan for any interview situations
By the end of class, you will have:
A custom pitch, a written press release powerful enough to catch any media outlet’s attention, an overall understanding of how to get earned press and how to build your special list of supporters.
“If you don’t tell the story of your business…someone else will. 9 times out of 10 they will get it wrong” –Joy Cook